Jardin des Tuileries

Situated right in the heart of Paris, the Jardin des Tuileries stretches from the Louvre to Place de la Concorde. Commissioned by Queen Catherine de Medicis and created in 1564 at the same time as the Palace of the same name (which was later destroyed), it was redesigned in 1664 by architect Andre le Notre, who was responsible for the layout of its paths, its symmetrical flowerbeds and its terrace overlooking the Seine.