- Sainte Marie Chapel near Pompidou Centre. The chapel became famous for its name: the Church of the devil. There is an image of Befomen – a mythical creature hermaphrodite with horns and wings. It is said that it was worshiped by the Templars.That’s why Befomen was mentioned by Dan Brown in his novels. Address: 9 Rue Aubriot, 75004, Paris.
- After visiting Notre Dame, drop into the oldest ice cream cafe in Paris – Maison Bertillion. The ice cream is not cheap but it is really worth trying. Address: 31 Rue Saint-Louis en l’Île, 75004, Paris.
- If you are in Paris with children, visit the Luxembourg Gardens, where your kids might be allowed to step into water of the main fountain. Often even adults can not resist the temptation. Address: Rue de Médicis, Rue de Vaugirard, 75006, Paris.
- Visit Conciergerie, the former prison and castle, where nearly 3,000 people were executed, Marie Antoinette among them, the wife of Sun King. Together with the Conciergerie ticket buy a ticket to Sainte Chapelle or Holy Chapel. It’s a little Gothic chapel with striking architecture. Conciergerie address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001, Paris. Chapel address: 8 Boulevard du Palais, 75001, Paris.
- If you do not want to be trivial, the alternative of the bird’s eye view from the Eiffel Tower can be the view from the Montparnasse Tower. No hustle and bustle, no bars, and the pictures are better. And even better to mount the tower in the evening or in the night.
- To really feel the city you do not have to go to museums and see the sights, you need to plunge into the daily life of inhabitants of the city. To do this, we offer to go to a cafe, order a glass of red wine, and, sitting on the terrace near the Seine, enjoy the moment, because it’s beautiful!
- Take a ride on a city bus in the middle of the day and watch the Parisians who have nowhere to hurry. Try bus route number 52.
There are no standard tourist sights in our list, as you can notice. We offer our view of Paris and hope it will not disappoint you.