In Paris the 10 best bakeries was choosen, where they bake very crunchy, very tasty, very fragrant,so the most delicious French baguettes.
At the end of April there is an annual award, which is awarded to the most inventive bakers. This year it was the 25th competition, and each year it attracts more and more participants. There is a particular interest in this contest. Not only professionals bakers, but also among ordinary Parisians are interested in, because baguette is one of symbols of France, we can’t imagine breakfast or lunch all over France and, of course, in Paris without a baguette.
So the jury was given 152 baguette from which, after many hours of tasting they chose the top 10 manufacturers:
10. Claude Besnier (ex-aequo) .40 rue du Bourgogne, 75007
10. Nicolas Marnay (ex-aequo) .24 rue saint martin 75004 Paris
10. Samir Ben Habhab (ex-aequo) .55 boulevard Gouvion Saint Cyr 75017
9. La Parisienne. 12 rue Coustou, 75018 Paris
8. Le Grenier à Pain Lafayette.91 rue Faubourg Poissonnière, 75009
7. Dominique Saibron. 77 avenue du Géneral Leclerc, 75014
6. Yosuké Fijié. Maison Landemeine, 56 rue du Clichy, 75009
5. Maison Cailleaud. 104 Cours de Vincennes, 75012
4. Christian Vabret. 27 rue Francois Miron, 75004
3. Boulangerie Damian. Boulangerie Damiani, 125 avenue du Clichy, 75017
2. Sébastien Mayerts. Boulangerie Raphaëlle, 1 rue Feutrier, 75018 Paris
The best baguette.
The winner of the competition is the baguette, baked in the bakery “Paradis du Gourmand” located at Calle Raymond Losserand 156 in the fourteenth district of Paris. The best baker in 2013 became Ridha Khadher. He said that the resulting award is the result of twenty-four yars of work improving his baking art. At fifteen Ridha left his native Tunisia in order to learn from the baker in Paris. According to Ridha,it is an unusual honor to him to be elected for the baguettes delivery in the Elysee Palace (the residence of the French president).
As a bonus, the winner will receive 4,000 euros. He is dreaming to open a second bakery, but today he does not hurry up with the implementation of the plan and decided to focus on the existing customers and of maintaining the quality of baguettes at the highest level, now recognized as the best in Paris. In addition, Ridha Khadher was invited by one of the largest French channel to culinary guide broadcast, so Ridha Khadher got much more than a monetary reward, he won a celebrity.
Photo taken from the site 8appel.blogspot.fr